Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fly away!


Last Saturday I decided to take my camera out and try something new (to me anyway). It's about time!

It has been several years since I jumped head-first into photography and most of that time has been spent photographing concerts in poorly lit venues. Why concerts you ask? Simple. I am a musician and for as long as I can recall I've wished photographers had been there to document my life on stage. This photography thing has been a way for me to give a little something back to my peers.

Back to last Saturday.. I packed up the camera equipment and rolled out of the house around 11:30am. Not exactly the best time of day to be shooting outdoors but the cloud covering saved the day. I didn't have a game plan, but knew that I wanted to photograph cows and jets. I have no idea why.. perhaps to put together a calendar for my mother-in-law who is a huge cow fan. Whatever the case, I ended up spending an hour driving around Hooper, Utah taking random photos and having a blast!

One of the several images I liked a lot is of a large tree that had gazillions of birds in it. I took several shots of the tree from different angles and then for some unexplained reason, wondered what might happen if I were to honk the car horn.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go on starting a blog. My the blog god's smile upon you. Good idea with the horn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picture...love the color and the birds flying

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horn thing was funny! I didn't exactly prepare for blasting the horn so when I did, the birds scattered way faster than I had expected. Fortunately I have lightening quick reflexes and was able to pull off an amazing blind shot! Not so fortunate to have the hot coffee spill all over my lap. Several lessons learned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the shot..I like the way the birds frame the tree. Honk on Rick!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2009 Rick Weller - All rights reserved